Cottonwood leaf - Silver
A tree leaf… frozen in a bath of copper, silver or gold allowing you to continue to admire nature's work at your leisure.
This leaf comes from a poplar tree, that can grow up to 20-25m.
A genuine piece of jewelry, source of wonder and inspiration.
Each piece of the collection is unique and has been through an incredibly delicate transformation which takes 7 hours.
Jewel or decoration, an amazing gift
Delivered in an organza pouch (a rigid fabric similar to muslin), the leaf is attached to a delicate iridescent Japanese ribbon.
These leaves can be used as a table decoration, suspended to a door handle, as a bookmark...
7 hours of delicate processing
Source of infinite attention, here are a few steps in a long and painstaking process to create these jewel leaves :
- A scrupulous selection, keeping only the finest leaf specimens.
- The leaf is then dried using a unique method to avoid contamination with the precious metals.
- The watermark process is a painstaking method accomplished by rubbing a solution on both sides of the leaves, highlighting the veins.
- The main veins are then hand-painted with a fine brush dipped in a copper solution.
- The leaves are then submerged in a molten copper dip, and allowed to dry.
- Finally, a precious metal plating, 24 carat gold, silver or copper is applied to each leaf.
- Variable sizes. Height of about 5 to 6cm.
- To be kept indoors